Can't load roaming Profile
Posted on 2009-04-21
I have a Vista Ultimate 32 bit system running on SBS2003 Domain. Due to corruption I needed to rebuild the Vista system from scratch. Now I can't get the Roaming profile to propogate down from the server. Everything that I read says that this is a permissions issue. Here is what I have checked:
1. All Quota management is disabled
2. The data drive on the server where the profile is stores has Full control for Authenticated users and modify permissions for Users
3. The Folder that stores the Profiles called UserData has Administartor, system with Full control, everyoine with Modify permissions and is Shared.
4. The individual Username Directory has Administrator, System and Username as fiull control
5. I have turned off inherited permissions from the Data Drive down to the Share and also from the share down to the Username.
6. Inherited permissions are enabled below the folder Username.
7. In Active Directory Users and Computer under Username I have the profile path to read \\server\UserData\Username
7. Oh yeah, I really did join the Domain.
I think that I have missed something really basic but I can't determine what it is. How do i get the Profile to download to the desktop?