We are currently facing a major issue. Two of our hub transport servers running exchange 2007 SP1 are showing VERY high usage of CPU by edgetransport.exe. We have tried the following after doing google:
1) Backpressure setting modifications (although there was no event ids pointing to this)
2) Windows and exchange update to update roll up 7
3) disabling IPv6 on tcpip.. we never had it
4) checked the queues for large messages, there arent any
5) rebuild the queue database. stopped transport service, renamed the queue folder in the transport roles folder to let the exchange rebuild the queue database.
6) Disabled and uninstalled all anti viruses.
None of the above helped.. Anyone has any other ideas?