The background is that I am trying to get my Oracle Thin Client to work. However my question is based on a friend's suggestion as to why it doesn't work - He suggested that port 1521 is being blocked. My question is how to open the port.
My laptop is connected to the company network which is connected to the Internet using a sweex AnnexA Router.
As a novice in Routers, I would be much appreciative of some help.
This is what I did so far.
1. I turned off all firewalls on my computer.
2. I went to http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
and checked port 1521.
It said that the port was closed.
3. I then went to my router and added port 1521. See attached screenshot. I restarted router.
4. Again yougetsignal said the port was closed.
5. I then downloaded Port Forwarding Wizard. See attached screenshot.
6. Again yougetsignal said the port was closed.
7. I telephoned my ISP who said that they did not close the port.
Now I am a little stuck. It could be that yougetsignal doesn't always work, and really the port is open. Or that I have put some settings in wrongly to the Router....