I setup a new SBS 2003 box (sp2 all updates, exchange sp2 all updates) recently and everything seems to be working fine except when i try to sync my mail to a palm centro with versamail 4.0.1 - i get an SSL error below.
I've tested all the settings for the virtual directories in IIS and they all function as they should. I tested the Centro with a different exchange server running SBS 2003 and it synced fine (different division in Europe)-- checked all the settings on that exchange server and they are identical.
1. https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange -- functions properly (i can load this in the palm and login)
2. https://mail.mydomain.com/oma -- i get prompted for username/pw and it logs in (both on the palm and on a remote laptop)
3. certificate is valid (not a self certificate) issued by Starfield Secure Certification Authority (not go daddy)
4. performed https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
activesync test on a testuser -- passed all activesync tests
5. verified this works http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/16733_en.html
6. verified i have latest version for centro http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/6012_en.html
7. I also installed the SSL certificate onto the phone -- i don't have the link to the step-by-step but it involved downloading the certificate from the server, saving locally (where palm desktop is installed), converting the SSL certificate to a file that phone could understand (with a tool that was provided), adding new file to install directory for palm desktop, syncing with centro then soft resetting a couple times
Below is the exact error on the Palm Centro:
"SSL Error: No Trusted root. Update CA list. Contact your administrator if this error persists."
Centro is updated to the latest versions of software (sprint 1.07) and versamail (4.0.1.00) I'm running out of options to check/modify. I need this to work so that i can monitor admin alerts while away from the office. Thanks for any help.