We are trying to migrate to a new Server 2008 domain. We have a problem restoring last night's backup to the new file sever as the arcserve restore fails soon after starting with the error message in the title. The data backup is all local to the backup manager server (using no remote agents)
Source Server is Server 2003 SP2 (32-bit) - Arcserve R12 SP1 - Tape drive LTO2
Destination Server Serevr 2008 (64-bit) - Arcserve R12 SP1- Tape drive LTO4
We recently upgraded the source Server from R11.1 SP2 to R12 SP1 as we got the same error but with 0x00000000, after reading the following CA article we decided to upgrade the source:
I cannot find anything on the new error message 0x30003000 and we are now faced with copying manually which will be a nightmare due to long file names and onwership etc.
If you know what we could try to restore from tape that would extremly helpful.