Urgent!! the issue of Characters translation fileNFS Server on Windows
Posted on 2009-04-26
Hi All experts
So far I have the following up & (sort of) running:
* NFS Server for windows
* G: drive assigned for NFS shares
* G:\group <- group information file from a vanilla RHEL installation
* G:\passwd <- user information file from a vanilla RHEL installation
* G:\ascii_mappings <- a character mappings file to convert unix supported filename characters to those supproted by NTFS
Here are the problems that I am having:
The mappings file works, sort of ...
But I'm having some problems with it
* I need to be able to make files with the following characters within the filenames:
But when I put the map in the '-' character is being interpretted as a ':' which will make some files useless.
I need help working out the character mappings file so that we preserve the naming of all of the files we copy to NFS or our current backup strategy with Backup server as an NFS server won't really work unless we redesign the backup process
Thanks for your help!