?
Solved

Error in File "XXXXXX": The table could not be found. - Crystal Report with Sybase 12.5.2 client connectivity

Posted on 2009-04-27
3
Medium Priority
?
1,637 Views
Last Modified: 2013-11-15
Hi,

I had recently imported all repository objects (except Administrator and Everyone) from BO XI R2 (on Windows 2003 Server 32 bit) to a new server which also runs BO XI R2 but the difference being that the OS is Windows 2003 Server 64bit and the web server is now Apache Tomcat exclusively.

All OBDCs where setup exactly as per the source server and about 90% of the reports are working fine except for the 10% which gives the error "Error in File "XXXXXX": The table could not be found." (P.S. All reports have been developed on Crystal Reports XI with Sybase connectivity - 12.5.2 client).

I an unable to diagnose what the problem is but I have found that if I edit the report in CR XI and update its Datasource location and the load it back to BO... it works fine...

Currently, I am unable to perform that for all the 10% of the reports as it amounts to 100+ reports.

Does any one out there have an explanation for this behavior and a method to make the reports working without performing the cumbersome process which I have mentioned above for every non working report????
0
Comment
Question by:ittsd
  • 2
3 Comments
 
LVL 16

Accepted Solution

by:
wykabryan earned 1500 total points
ID: 24250102
Try a couple of the following..

1. Go to the refresh section on the properties tab. Make sure all radio buttons are checked, then click refresh.
2. Remove the report completely from the environment. Once removed, use Crystal to upload the report back into the repository. Sometime the reports get confused on import.
3. Make sure that the reports have permissions to that table.
4. I am not sure if you are running these reports against a business view. But when you import a business view the password in the dataconnection is cleared out.
0
 

Author Comment

by:ittsd
ID: 24251100
The following are the results for each of the mentioned:

1. Go to the refresh section on the properties tab. Make sure all radio buttons are checked, then click refresh.
- Does not work and the error still remains the same

2. Remove the report completely from the environment. Once removed, use Crystal to upload the report back into the repository. Sometime the reports get confused on import.
- I feel it would work as I have mentioned in my analysis 'if I edit the report in CR XI and update its Datasource location and the load it back to BO... it works fine...'

3. Make sure that the reports have permissions to that table.
- Yes it does or otherwise it would not be working on the current BO server which is LIVE. The issue is faced on the new server only. All reports on the old server is still working fine.

4. I am not sure if you are running these reports against a business view. But when you import a business view the password in the dataconnection is cleared out.
- I think business views are involved here. Is there a way to set/reset all the passwords for a dataconnection in the view at one shot or do I have to manually set for each of the defined view which again is a difficulty as there are lots of views defined...
0
 
LVL 16

Assisted Solution

by:wykabryan
wykabryan earned 1500 total points
ID: 24251209
in most cases, you only have one or two data connections. The data connection is similar to your odbc connection in that it just created the connection to the database. The rest is up the Business View. Open up Business View manager. Login.. Look for any icon or name that looks like the data connection icon or has DC or Connection in the name. Double click or right click>edit. You will see a place for user name and password. It may be populated but click on it anyway and reenter the username and password.

2. If this works for you on one or two reports, the issue may be in the import. One of the things BOE does not tell you about they importer is that it is flawed. It does a good job but there may be fall out when importing from one environment to another. The unfortunate problem with this is you have to manually delete and reimport each. It happens because of a disconnect with the CID on the report verses what the databases has. So it just takes a dump on you.
0

Featured Post

Concerto Cloud for Software Providers & ISVs

Can Concerto Cloud Services help you focus on evolving your application offerings, while delivering the best cloud experience to your customers? From DevOps to revenue models and customer support, the answer is yes!

Learn how Concerto can help you.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

There have always been a lot of questions related to when Crystal Reports evaluates report components (such as formulas, summaries, cross-tabs, charts, to name a few examples). Crystal Reports uses a two-pass reporting process to provide greater …
Hello everyone, Hope you find this as helpful as we did. We have on the company I work for an application built in Delphi V with Crystal Reports 8. We all know that Crystal & Delphi can be temperamental sometimes and the worst thing is, nearly…
Please read the paragraph below before following the instructions in the video — there are important caveats in the paragraph that I did not mention in the video. If your PaperPort 12 or PaperPort 14 is failing to start, or crashing, or hanging, …
In a question here at Experts Exchange (https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/29062564/Adobe-acrobat-reader-DC.html), a member asked how to create a signature in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (the free Reader product, not the paid, full Acrobat produ…
Suggested Courses

850 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question