Need some help getting this to work please. Here are some details and then a log from my client at the end.
SMS Server Info:
1. Windows 2003 standard SP2 (not R2), also updated Active Directory Schema for SMS 2003.
2. SMS 2003 SP2 (about says SMS 2.5 SP2 Build 4160)- Site Server - 2.50.4160.2000 (4160), Admin UI - SMS 2.50 SP2 (4160), SMS Provider - 2.50.4160.2000
3. In SMS Administrator, Site Settings---> Site Systems I have two servers. One is the SMS server, and the other is my SMS component server/SQL server.
4. If you double click the SMS server and go into each tab, here is what is enabled:
---General Tab - Nothings checked here. The name of the SMS server appears in top line.
---Reporting Point Tab - Server is not checked for "use this server for a reporting point".
---Server Locator Point - Server is not checked for "use this server for a locator point".
---Management Point - Use server as site management point IS checked. Database is set to "site database".
---Client Access Point Tab - This IS Checked to use server as client access point.
---Distribution Point Tab - Use this system as a distribution point IS checked. Enable BITS is unchecked. There is nothing in the "GROUP MEMBERSHIP" window. Protected distribution point is NOT checked.
---System Roles Tab - SMS Client Access Point, SMS Component Server, SMS Distribution Point, SMS Management Point, SMS Site Server.
5. Under Site Settings---> Component Configuration: Double Click "Software Distribution". I have under General Tab - Advanced Client Account configured to use a domain admin account.
6. Under Site Settings ---> Connection Accounts: Client has a local system SMS account, Site System has the Domain Admin SMS account I manually created and use for various SMS stuff.
7. Discovery Methods - Active Directory
8. Site Hierarchy ---> (sms site name), right click and go to properties. Site boundries are set to Active Directory Site and then I gave it a generic name.
Client Push Installation settings:
1. General Tab (listed are checked) - System Types (all checked), Enable Client Push Installations to site systems, Client Type - Advanced Client is checked.
2. Accounts Tab - I am using a custom made SMS account that is a domain administrator, and in all SMS groups.
3. Advanced Tab - there is only one string in here, SMSSITECODE=AUTO
Target Desktop for client installation testing:
1. Windows XP SP3
2. File and Print sharing is enabled
3. Windows Firewall is turned "OFF"
Symptoms and description of process:
1. I can see the ccmsetup.exe process running on my local target desktop. I can also see ccmexec.exe process running. They never go away and have been this way for over 24 hours.
2. The client description in SMS Management shows client = no, assigned = yes.
3. I tried unchecking the Site Settings ---> Site Systems ---> Management point and then rebooted the server. I then came back in and checked it and gave it 30 minutes to do whatever it needed to do to re-install the management point. I was told to do this as advice earlier. Now when you read the log file from the client, notice that AFTER I did that, the location at which it's trying to pull the client (URL) has changed. It's actually now trying to go to a URL on the network that is not even reachable because it don't exist. The old original path in the logfile is where the client is really located (\\na02sms\SMS_777\Client\
i386 exists and is a real path. \\NA02SMS\SMSClient\I386 does not exist, but is what the system is trying to use after removing, then re-installing the management point).
Attached is the logfile "ccmsetup.exe" from the windows XP workstation.
Any assistance you can give is much appreciated. Hope I gave enough information.