We have Polycom 501 and 601 phones as well as cisco 7940 phones connected to cisco 3560 switches. We have VLAN 1 for data and VLAN 20 for voice. Last November we added VLAN 50 for data traffic instead of VLAN1. Everything worked fine until last week when the Polycom phones began to fail. When we rebooted them, they failed to get an IP address via DHCP. A cisco phone placed in the same port came up fine as does the PC. The phone gets its IP address from an Edgemarc Router on VLAN 20. The PC will get its ip address from a windows DHCP server from the Data VLAN (VLAN 1 or VLAN 50). When we removed the switchport access vlan 50 statement from a port that a Polycom phone connected to the phone received an ip address and works fine. I have no other vlans. The switches all directly connect back to our 6509 (which the Edgemarc router connects directly into). We have made no changes to our network in the last four months.
I have tried trunking the switchport but it still wont get an ip address if we have set up to access vlan 50. I can really use some hlep on this one.
switchport access vlan 50
switchport voice vlan 20