• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 2313
  • Last Modified:

Exchange 2007 Recovery Storage Group Mailbox Merge Issue

I am running Exchange 2007 with SP1 on a Windows 2008 server with the Hub Transport, Mailbox and Client Access roles on the single server.  We back up the Exchange 2007 server nightly with Backup Exec 11D.  Today I created a recovery storage group for one of our mailbox databases.  I then restored the mailbox database from a backup tape to the recovery storage group successfully.  I have run into problems however when trying to restore(merge) a mailbox from the recovery storage group into the production storage group.  The error I am receiving is "Error restoring the mailbox (/O=GUIDE DOGS FOR THE BLIND/OU=GDB/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=SSMITH). Error message is: Error was found for Steve Smith (ssmith@guidedogs.com) because: Error occurred in the step: Moving messages. This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of corrupted items specified for this move mailbox operation., error code: -1056749110.  This happens for any mailbox I attempt to merge. Has anyone ever seen this and know of a fix?
0
GDB Ian
Asked:
GDB Ian
  • 2
  • 2
2 Solutions
 
Chris DentPowerShell DeveloperCommented:

You're running Import-Mailbox from the command shell? Add:

Import-Mailbox .... -BadItemLimit 1000

That parameter applies to most of the Move / Import cmdlets for mailboxes. To verify you can run:

Get-Help Import-Mailbox -Full | more

Which should also include details of the BadItemLimit parameter.

Chris
0
 
GDB IanAuthor Commented:
I've changed the bad item limit to 1000 and tried. Unfortunately it appears that Exchange 2007 thinks all of the items are corrupt. The jobcompletes when the bad item limit is set higher than the number of messages in the mailbox.  Unfortunately, no items are then merged as all are seen as corrupt I guess.
0
 
FearNoMoreCommented:
I have worked on the same issue. In my case we ran an ISINTEG on the database that is in the RSG
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182081 
The command to run is:
 isinteg -s <servername> -fix -test alltests
 
After this completes run the merge again
0
 
GDB IanAuthor Commented:
Isinteg found a couple fixes, but still no change.  
0
 
FearNoMoreCommented:
You need to run ISINTEG till you find that there are 0 errors and 0 fixes
After this you need to try the merge again with a bad item limit say 100
0

Featured Post

Creating Active Directory Users from a Text File

If your organization has a need to mass-create AD user accounts, watch this video to see how its done without the need for scripting or other unnecessary complexities.

  • 2
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now