Please refer to the site:
This is a site I inherited, and now edit - hence I didn't do the pop up menu code myself... so far it has been very easy to edit as I know where the entries for the menu lists live and I just go in and change the text.
For the first time though I have been given an item that is a lot longer than the others, "Craniofacial Research Group" - This is an item within the " "menu - you can see that I have currently shortened Group to Grp to combat this problem but this solution is not ideal...
The script does seem to be set up to adjust width of the menu horiaontally (if you roll over the diff menus they vary in width..) - but it seems to have mazimum width.
I have attached the 2 .js files that are used to create the menu, and also the HTML file that includes the menu entries. (I have change their extensions to TXT files so that I could upload them here...)
I am sure it is just a very quick edit that needs doing but for me it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.
code is in the attcahments