I was trying to get my iphone to connected both inside the office and outside. I think I changed something and broke it. I wrote down my changes and put them back but I must have missed something. I followed these instructions to get it to work:
The new virtual directory needs to be created through Internet Services Manager for Exchange ActiveSync to work.
If you are using Microsoft Windows Server" 2003 or later, follow these instructions:
1. Start Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
2. Locate the \exchange virtual directory (default location is Web Sites\Default Web Site\Exchange)
3. Right click on the Exchange virtual directory, choose All Tasks, Save Configuration to a File.
4. Type a name in the File name: text box (for example, ExchangeVDir).
5. Click OK.
6. Right click the root of this Web site (Default Web Site), choose New, Virtual Directory (from file).
7. On the Import Configuration dialog box, select the Browse button and locate the file from step #4, then click Open.
8. Next, select the Read File button.
9. In the Select a configuration to import text box, select Exchange and press OK.
10. A dialog box will appear stating the virtual directory already exists. In the Alias text box, type a name for the new virtual directory that you want the Exchange Server ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access processes to use. For example, type Exchange-OMA.
11. Click OK.
12. Right click on the new virtual directory and choose Properties, in this example, Exchange-OMA.
13. Select the Directory Security tab.
14. Click the Edit button in the Authentication and access control section.
15. Verify only the following authentication methods are enabled:
" Integrated Windows authentication
" Basic authentication
16. Click OK.
17. Click Edit under IP address and domain name restrictions.
18. Click Denied access, and then click Add.
19. Click Single computer (if this option is not already selected), type the IP address of the server that you are configuring, and then click OK.
20. Click the Edit button in the secure communications section.
21. Verify require secure channel (SSL) is not enabled and click OK.
22. Click OK, and then quit IIS Manager.
23. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
24. Locate the following registry subkey:
25. Right-click Parameters, point to New, and then click String Value.
26. In the New Value #1 box, type ExchangeVDir, and then press ENTER.
27. Right-click ExchangeVDir, and then click Modify.
28. In the Value data box, type a forward slash (/) followed by the name of the new virtual directory that you created in step 10. For example, type /Exchange-OMA.
29. Click OK, and then quit Registry Editor.
30. Restart the IIS Admin Service. To do this:
" Click Start, click Run, type services.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
" In the Name list, right-click IIS Admin, and then click Restart.
Now whenever I try to connect with my phone, I get connection to the server failed. Am I missing something? Like I said, the connection was working and now I can't get it back.