Windows 7 GroupWise 6.5.5
Posted on 2009-05-01
So I guess I am the first to ask. For Vista, we followed the below instructions in order to install GW 6.5.5 on Vista. Is there anyway to do this so it can work on Windows 7? I am following the same process for Vista (which was a success each time). However, it is not working for Windows 7 Beta nor RC.
02.04.2008 at 01:26PM EST, ID: 20816716
Well, since I see no actual solution to the question of loading GW 6.5 on Vista, here's the actual fix and way you CAN run 6.5 on Vista.
One thing I did...just in case it take the check off the Browser Integration during the setup portion.
How to install GW 6.5 on Vista
I finally got an answer from a Novell forum post. Here are the steps if anyone is interested.
1. Start with a clean installation of Windows Vista.
2. Enable the Administrator account, and login as Administrator.
3. Rename/delete the following files;
For the DLLs, it's not straightforward.
a. Make the Administrators group the owner
b. Grant the Administrators group Full Control permissions.
4. Copy GroupWise 6.5.7 installation files to the local drive.
5. In the installation folder, browse to WIN32\WMS\NT\US\WMS.EXE.
Right-click and click Properties, then on the compatibility tab, set
to "Run this program in compatibility mode for - Windows XP (Service
6. Repeat this for WIN32\SETUP.EXE
7. Install WIN32\WMS\NT\US\WMS.EXE. Reboot after installation.
8. Verify that C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MAPI32.DLL is dated 1996.
9. Install GroupWise using SETUP.EXE
10. After installation, choose not to run GroupWise.
12 Run GroupWise