Posted on 2009-05-02
I have 2 cisco routers:
- cisco 800 series
- cisco 837
They both have rj45 connections on them saying ADSL, but they are smaller than the normal network cable rj45.
Currently ive got internet and a phone line from the same company. does this mean I could by one of those DUAL connectors that plug into the phone socket and connect my router to it?
Im not sure of the scenario if I can I can actually do it.
- Im thinking the dual connector plugs into the wall phone socket
- the phone plugs into this dual connector
- my router cable plugs also into the dual connector and the other end into the router.
- my router also has console port to configure router as normal
- my router also has 4 ethernet ports for other pc's for example.
Will this work?