Everything was working fine, and then one day users could not connect. When anyone would launch any published application they get the error, "Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server. Could not find the specified XenApp server."
Heres our setup. One Citrix XenApp server 4.5 on our Windows Domain and in the production network. One Web Interface server 4.5 on our Windows Domain and in the DMZ. One Secure Gateway server 3.1 in a Workgroup and in the DMZ. All three servers have server certificates installed. The WI and SG are on the same subnet and the same switch, as well as our Bluecoat proxy server, if that has anything to do with the process. The XML service is on port 8080, and session reliability is enabled.
There were no patches applied, GPO changes, or modifications to any of the Citrix servers around the time the problem started. The network guy does not see any drops or rejects from WI & SG servers to the PS. In fact he does not see any traffic at all going to the PS from those two servers. On the WI, if you change it from Gateway Direct to Direct, users can connect just fine. If you try from the WI, telnet securegatewayserverIP 8080, or from the SG, telnet webinterfaceserverIP 8080, you will see a connection failed. I have tried turning off session reliability, but that didnt make a difference. You can ping both the friendly name and FQDN from every server to every other server.
I have built the WI from scratch twice, and the SG from scratch once, but I still have the same problem. I have tried WI 4.6 & 5.1.1, but the results are the same.
I couldnt figure this out Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday, so it time too ask the experts. Help!