Symantec AV Def issue
Posted on 2009-05-04
I have issue with SAV, one of our xp machine is not getting virus definations. The symptoms-
1) SAV 10.1.8.8000 shows no virus definations.
2) Eventvwr shows: a)Symantec AntiVirus has determined that the virus definitions are missing on this computer. This computer will remain unprotected from viruses until virus definitions are downloaded to this computer.
b)Symantec AntiVirus Auto-Protect failed to load.
3) From path- "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5" "VD2D4603.XDB" file gets deleted frequently.
Steps taken to resolve this issue-
1) Reinstalled SAV.
2) Copied "VD2D4603.XDB" file.
3) Used Rapid release to update Virus definations.
4) Copied "Grc.dat" file to "C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus".
But again the issue is not resolved. The other problem is i cant format the system and install it back. Please help me!