?
Solved

Calendar Conversion from Outlook to Notes did not work properly

Posted on 2009-05-05
6
Medium Priority
?
224 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-18
I converted an Outlook calendar to Notes but when I open it some times are off. For example, if I have a meeting for several days, it puts the first day correct, but it adds an extra day at the end. If I have a reoccurring event, it is always 1 hour behind. If I have an appointment for a certain time in a day only, that is correct.
Does it make any sense? Does anyone know what can be wrong?
Thanks!
0
Comment
Question by:Bob Macpherson
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
  • 2
  • 2
6 Comments
 
LVL 46

Expert Comment

by:Sjef Bosman
ID: 24312427
What conversion tool did you use to import the appointments?

Also, please, tell us your server release/client release, etc...
0
 
LVL 63

Expert Comment

by:SysExpert
ID: 24314865
ALso, there could be issues with Time zones and Daylight Savings time.

I hope this helps !
0
 

Author Comment

by:Bob Macpherson
ID: 24314931
I used Transend. Notes is 7.0.3 and Outlook 2003. I am guessing it has to do with DST but don't know how to o around it. What's funny is that appointments in January and February are fine, but starting in March they are all off.
0
What does it mean to be "Always On"?

Is your cloud always on? With an Always On cloud you won't have to worry about downtime for maintenance or software application code updates, ensuring that your bottom line isn't affected.

 
LVL 46

Expert Comment

by:Sjef Bosman
ID: 24316948
That's clearly a DST problem that's handled differently in each client. Would it be possible to use a different transport vehicle, like a textfile, csv, or Excel, so you can adapt the dates more easily?
0
 
LVL 63

Expert Comment

by:SysExpert
ID: 24318461
It is going to be messy. since all the DST's need to be properly updated and able to work nicely together.

I would contact transend about this.

I hope this helps !
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
Bob Macpherson earned 0 total points
ID: 24364776
I tried but nothing worked, I had to changed all the wrong entries manually, it took me about an hour
0

Featured Post

Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

I thought it will be a good idea to make a post as it will help in case someone else faces these issues. I trust this gives an idea how each entry in Notes.ini can mean a lot for the Domino Server to be functioning properly. This article discusses t…
IBM Notes offer Encryption feature using which the user can secure its NSF emails or entire database easily. In this section we will discuss about the process to Encrypt Incoming and Outgoing Mails in depth.
In this brief tutorial Pawel from AdRem Software explains how you can quickly find out which services are running on your network, or what are the IP addresses of servers responsible for each service. Software used is freeware NetCrunch Tools (https…
Add bar graphs to Access queries using Unicode block characters. Graphs appear on every record in the color you want. Give life to numbers. Hopes this gives you ideas on visualizing your data in new ways ~ Create a calculated field in a query: …
Suggested Courses

762 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question