Solved

Exchange 2003 OWA timeout issue

Posted on 2009-05-11
5
515 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-06
Hello -

Hoepfully this will be a quick one - I have an Exchange 2003 server that we set the PublicClientTimeout and TrustesClientTimeout to 60mins and 90mins respectfully.  However, when we hit OWA via a public PC (over the web), it continues to timeout at 15mins.

This change was done a while ago and the system has been rebooted sveral time since then.

More info - the Exchanger 2003 server is running on Win2K3 STD w\SP2.  OWA is published to web via an ISA 2006 server.  Everything else works fine, just this timeout issue is the problem.

Just for kicks, I did put on the OWA Admin tool and it verified the settings on the OWA timeouts.  Thus I know it is set correctly.  

Anyone have any thoughts as to why it would continue to timeout at 15 mins?

Thanks in advance.

0
Comment
Question by:dasmail2000
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
5 Comments
 
LVL 3

Expert Comment

by:rsquibb
ID: 24354450
From what i have read the timeout could be coming from ISA 2006 rather the OWA.  Is there a setting you can change in ISA 2006 such as "treat as maximum idle time" on the web listener settings?
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:dasmail2000
ID: 24354526
Thought about that....there is a setting for forms authentication in ISA in the listener on the OWA publishing rule.  I did up that to 60 mins as well and the issue persists.

0
 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:aletjolly
ID: 24355140
Please find the below article which will help you out: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:dasmail2000
ID: 24355256
Aletjolly - thanks for the thought, but all of that is already done.  I have double checked and rechecked everyting as well.

0
 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
dasmail2000 earned 0 total points
ID: 24357848
Fixed it....On a whim I killed the OWA sites in IIS and let System Manager recreate them.  I checked the registry settings (they were stil fine) and all seems to be working now.

Thanks for you thoughts though.
0

Featured Post

On Demand Webinar - Networking for the Cloud Era

This webinar discusses:
-Common barriers companies experience when moving to the cloud
-How SD-WAN changes the way we look at networks
-Best practices customers should employ moving forward with cloud migration
-What happens behind the scenes of SteelConnect’s one-click button

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

Scam emails are a huge burden for many businesses. Spotting one is not always easy. Follow our tips to identify if an email you receive is a scam.
This article explains how to install and use the NTBackup utility that comes with Windows Server.
To show how to create a transport rule in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow >> Rules tab.:  To cr…
The video tutorial explains the basics of the Exchange server Database Availability groups. The components of this video include: 1. Automatic Failover 2. Failover Clustering 3. Active Manager

739 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question