I have been struggling for the past one month with this strange problem.
I have an exchange server 2003 with about 100+ users. Out of which, there are about 20-30 users are using mobile phones for push emails. The phones are HTC S710, Nokia E63 and E71.
Until last month, any user i setup in the mobile device, i was able to do sync with my exchange server from the phones. Since last month, i can't configure a phone with a new user email whether that user id itself is there for few years or created in the last month. In the same month, if i setup my mail id, it works. It means the phone is alright. In the same way, if i setup the same user email in my phone, the sync does not work and comes up with the above error
' your account does not have permission to sync with current settings'.
I have tried the following already without luck:
1. checked the active directory properties 'Exchange features' and all are enabled.
2. Unticked 'Secure layer only' & ticked 'Secure layer only' under server certificate option in IIS-MS Activesync Directory security property.
3. ticked/unticked 'Anonymous access' using 'IUSR_Computername' userid.
4. ticked/unticked ' Integrated authentication'
5. ticked/unticked ' basic authentication'.
Restarting IIS services after 2,3,4 & 5 above. No luck.
I did the above for 'OMA' and 'Mobile' as well. no luck.
Only thing i haven't tried is deleting and recreating MS-Activesync virtual directory. This is because there are about 20 users who are using this and it is working for them. I'm bit scared of trying to delete virtual directory as this may cause problem for them as well.
Please help as i have ran out of ideas.
Thank you in advance.