Interactive HTML form with PDF output and database saving feature
Posted on 2009-05-11
I am trying to streamline a process at my office that works as follows:
1. Someone gathers all of the data from client, and fills out a certain form (really long form).
2. Based on this form, the project managers fill out a second form - then they convert this form to PDF and send it over to our hosting company for setup.
3. Then with the form that has been returned, they update a third spreadsheet which serves as a data repository.
As you can tell, this is a tedious process, and I want to revamp it. I have a simple solution:
1. The client fills out Form A on a certain website (i can run it on a linux or a windows box).
2. Based on the response from the client, generate a pdf that can be emailed directly to the hosting company.
3. Once the hosting company is done setting up the connection, the project manager can go on the website and complete the form that was started in step 1.
4. Once done, it will update either the excel sheet directly, or store everything in a database (either one is fine).
In other words, need a form that saves data to a database and generates a PDF. And then has the ability to update the form and the backend with new information.
I can really do this myself and spend 10 hours developing an app. That would be terrific, but is there any tool that I can use? If so, that would greatly reduce the time needed for me to develop this procedure...