Cannot send to Office Communicator Client
Posted on 2009-05-12
We are piloting Office Commincations Server 2007 R2, clients are using Office Communicator 2007 R2, all updates have been applied to both the client and server (as far as I can tell).
I am having a problem with one user who cannot receive IMs intiated from other users, although they can initiate an IM conversation and recieve subsequent IMs back from the conversation participants. A user trying to initiate a conversation with the problem user receives the message "<User> could not be reached and this message was not delivered: <message body>." The user's status also goes from "Available" to "Presence Unknown" after 5-10 minutes of signing into the communicator client.
This is a single 2003 AD domain, no federation, and the user is connected to the LAN. The user never has problems connecting to the OCS server or sending IMs to other users.
I have tried the following steps and tested each with the same results:
- Verified SIP Sign-in name
- Verified Enhanced Presence is enabled
- Tried different connection settings from Communicator client, including OCS server FQDN, OCS pool FQDN, TCP, and TLS
- Disabled user in Communications Server config, re-enabled
- Deleted user from Communications Server configuration, added back after AD replication takes place
- Had user sign in on a different workstation, which works fine for other users.
Thanks in advance!