Solved

Ajax ModalPopupExtender not displaying controls in Safari browser.

Posted on 2009-05-13
5
1,335 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-07
Hello Everyone,
Can you help me on this?
In Safari my panel which I am displaying in ModalPopupExtender goes behind the modal popup ;

this works properly in other browsers.
Can you suggest me what can be cause for this?


Thanks.
0
Comment
Question by:winjittechnologies
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
5 Comments
 
LVL 10

Expert Comment

by:MaxOvrdrv2
ID: 24374552
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:winjittechnologies
ID: 24381744
Thanks MaxOvrdrv2,

but this link is not so useful for my case as my issue seems to be related with z-index as I can see my
 controls but those controls are going behind the modal popup.
can you help me how can I get this fixed?

Thanks for your help.
0
 
LVL 10

Expert Comment

by:MaxOvrdrv2
ID: 24384185
i can't seem to find anything about it... the only problems i see are that they simply don't render, or all the controls become un-usuable...

have you tried setting it's CSS to position:abosulte ?
0
 
LVL 10

Accepted Solution

by:
MaxOvrdrv2 earned 250 total points
ID: 24384194
ah HA! here's something that sounds more like your problem:

If you have a bunch of AutoComplete extenders that are wrapped inside of ModalPopup and you try to run it in Safari, chances are, you will not like what you see. The autocomplete div will be shown under the modalpopup. Works fine in Firefox and IE, but Safari is screwed up. What gives?

Well, if you look into source code of AutoComplete extender, you will notice that they have a special handling for Safari (also known as a one-button mouse of the browsers  Just kidding!). Because of this special handling, the correct z-index is not being set on the autocomplete div.

But how can I fix it? Well, all you need to do is to add a div somewhere near the extender with id of AutoCompleteDiv and in your extender set the property of CompletionListElementID to AutoCompleteDiv.

Here is how I found this info:

http://logbook.trioro.com/2006/12/ajaxnet-autocompleteextender.html 
http://tim.mackey.ie/ProblemsWithTheAJAXAutoCompleteExtenderArrgh.aspx 

Also, there is a custom autocomplete extender based on prototype and script.ac.ulous. I have not tried but it looks really interesting. I would like to take a look the source when I have a bit more time. Here is the link.
0

Featured Post

[Webinar] Learn How Hackers Steal Your Credentials

Do You Know How Hackers Steal Your Credentials? Join us and Skyport Systems to learn how hackers steal your credentials and why Active Directory must be secure to stop them. Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:00 A.M. PDT

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

I had to do a bit of research to find the answer to this question so I thought I'd share my results.  Due to our outdated mainframe systems, we need to downgrade IE9 to IE8 in order to stay compatible.  We also needed to downgrade Java.  In order to…
In threads here at EE, each comment has a unique Identifier (ID). It is easy to get the full path for an ID via the right-click context menu. However, we often want to post a short link within a thread rather than the full link. This article shows a…
Google currently has a new report that is in beta and coming soon to Webmaster Tool accounts. This Micro Tutorial will highlight new features for Google Webmaster Tools.
This Micro Tutorial will demonstrate how to add subdomains to your content reports. This can be very importing in having a site with multiple subdomains.

728 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question