IMAP Failed to Update Headers - Exchange IMAP Account on Outlook 2007
Posted on 2009-05-13
I have an IMAP account set-up on Outlook 2007. The IMAP server is an SBS 2003 Exchange server. This one account is having ongoing problems receiving the following error:
Failed to update headers.
Details: An IMAP command failed.
Basically, I receive the error when: I first log on, any time there is a new message, any time I try to purge deleted messages (those deleted messages won't purge, by the way), and any time I click to view another message. Also, any e-mails filed in other folders do NOT have this issue at all.
The progression of this error has been rather strange. When I first added the IMAP account, it worked fine for about a week without issue at all. Then this error started happening. I don't know of anything that caused it to start happening (I.e.: I didn't really change anything that I'm aware of). The error occurred for about a week and then seemed to go away. I then had to re-format my system, and since then the error has been back consistently. Every once in a while it will go away for a few hours, but then be back.
I have attempted to delete the IMAP account, remove all files associated with it in the Outlook folder, and re-create it, with no effect. Also, I've googled this error and have yet to find any suggested solutions that are viable which is why I'm asking here. I've tried two different systems--the error occurs on both systems.