SBS2003 , getting some DNS problems, one of which is shown below
Event ID 5781
Dynamic registration or deletion of one or more DNS records associated with DNS domain 't.' failed. These records are used by other computers to locate this server as a domain controller (if the specified domain is an Active Directory domain) or as an LDAP server (if the specified domain is an application partition).
Possible causes of failure include:
- TCP/IP properties of the network connections of this computer contain wrong IP address(es) of the preferred and alternate DNS servers (CHECKED THIS IS OK)
- Specified preferred and alternate DNS servers are not running (CHECKED OUT OK)
- DNS server(s) primary for the records to be registered is not running (CHECKED OUT OK)
- Preferred or alternate DNS servers are configured with wrong root hints (CHECKED OUT OK)
- Parent DNS zone contains incorrect delegation to the child zone authoritative for the DNS records that failed registration (NOT RELEVANT)
Fix possible misconfiguration(s) specified above and initiate registration or deletion of the DNS records by running 'nltest.exe /dsregdns' from the command prompt or by restarting Net Logon service. Nltest.exe is available in the Microsoft Windows Server Resource Kit CD.
I have uninstalled DNS, deleted the DNS folder and re-installed. Still get this error popping into event log. Where would I look for this spurious domain "t." in the registry ? or in AD ?