I installed a new exchange server, everything is working fine and it recieves emails, manages the domain correctly etc etc. but I cannot for the life of me get pop3 or imap working. This is driving me nuts. I have never seen anything like this happen before. The services are runing, and its configured in system manager. Now when i try to connect to the server from a computer it keeps asking for the username/password like its wrong. This is confusing, I have tried domain\username, username, etc. I started a log file of the pop 3 and imap connectors, and here is the message I get every time it tries to connect.
05/06/2009 21:44:21.015 <<< (TID:7b0): TlRMTVNTUAABAAAAB4IIogAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAHEXAAAADw==
05/06/2009 21:44:21.015 >>> (TID:7b0): + TlRMTVNTUAACAAAACgAKADgAAAAFgomi9dFik8nEXGMAAAAAAAAAAHoAegBCAAAABQLODgAAAA9PAE0ATgBFAEsAAgAKAE8ATQBOAEUASwABABAARQBYAEMASABBAE4ARwBFAAQAEgBPAG0AbgBlAGsALgBjAG8AbQADACQAZQB4AGMAaABhAG4AZwBlAC4ATwBtAG4AZQBrAC4AYwBvAG0ABQASAE8AbQBuAGUAawAuAGMAbwBtAAAAAAA=
05/06/2009 21:44:21.046 <<< (TID:7b0): TlRMTVNTUAADAAAAGAAYAG4AAAAYABgAhgAAAAAAAABYAAAADAAMAFgAAAAKAAoAZAAAAAAAAACeAAAABYKIogYAcRcAAAAPUT4V/u8aZZcrrLomq01ne2EAbABvAG8AcwBlAEEARABBAE0AMQD5LPb5mk/ULQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADdemN8VtJ6mksfN8y2SZ6ktUifuoAJ4Vs=
05/06/2009 21:44:21.046 >>> (TID:7ac): 407j NO The service has not been started.
05/06/2009 21:44:21.078 <<< (TID:7b0): qj6j AUTHENTICATE NTLM