I have been looking at solutions for the last 2 days on how to correct "Parser Error: Could not create type" message with no luck.
I recently re-installed Windows Server 2003 with IIS and am no longer able to get my web services / websites to run on this server. It also works uncompiled on my local machine.
I have copied the web service files to another production server and they work fine. This is what I have tried so far:
1. Deleted my bin directory, rebuilt project (CTL-SHIFT-B), published.
2. Deleted my ASP.NET temporary files directory, rebuilt project (CTL-SHIFT-B), published.
3. Checked to make sure that the build web properties tab output path was set to "bin\".
4. Made sure that the Namespace was included with the service. (Please see code example below)
5. Checked to make sure that .NET 2.0 was allowed on IIS.
6. Made sure that the permissions were identical to the working production server.
7. Uninstalled all .NET Frameworks, re-booted, re-installed all .NET Frameworks.
One other weird issue with this is that one of my previous web services that was created prior to the server being re-installed is still working, however; if I rebuild that web services project and deploy it, it will also not work.
I have created an App_Code directory and placed the code directory in it and it does work, however; this is not the solution I need since my websites are also having the same problem.
[WebService(Namespace = "http://tempuri.org/")]
[WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo = WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)]
public class Test1 : System.Web.Services.WebService
<%@ WebService Language="C#" CodeBehind="Test1.asmx.cs" Class="Test.Test1" %>