Folder redirection to DFS Namespace stopped when moving target
Posted on 2009-05-14
We have users My Documents directed to a DFS Namespace (so \\domain.local\allusers\username\MyDocs instead of \\server\allusers\username\MyDocs). The DFS Namespace only has 1 target, which was sitting on the domain controller. Last night i had migrated the share to a dedicated storage server (Windows Storage Server R2). Deleted and relinked the domain.local\allusers to the new server and tested.
Everything works except for folder redirections! I can map the UNC path manually via command prompt and browse to it ect.
- Admin has full access / user has full access to the destination folder.
- Share has full access to everyone
- Checked read-only archive bit and it's not set for anything
- RSOP has all the correct group policies applied (as it did before)
- Event Viewer shows the documents redirection to blah blah (showing correct path)
- User has full ownership of the documents folder.
- Added GPO to wait for network before logging on.
Server is Windows 2008 Terminal Server
The migration was done with robocopy preserving ACL's and ownership. The network was fully designed from the start using DFS Namespace for all shares, scripts etc and everything else works perfect EXCEPT for this redirections.
If i create a new user and test with a local access (ie no redirection), works fine. As soon as i manually set the redirection. The documents button on the start menu does nothing. As in you click it, and nothing happens. When you rightmouse and goto properties it doesn't list anything, like a dead or ACL blocked shortcut. You can't even set location after that point (same as if the GPO was doing the redirection).
This is driving me nuts. Any help will be appricitated.
The only thing i can think of was before the share was on a domain controller, but now it's on a member server.