Want to win a PS4? Go Premium and enter to win our High-Tech Treats giveaway. Enter to Win


Exchange 2007 OAB will not download for 5 remote users but I can login with their profile locally and it works

Posted on 2009-05-15
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2013-11-30
Remote Users when the send and email message they will get a send receive error 0x8004010f  cant be found.   I try to manually download the OAB from the remote location with the same error.   I can login locally as the users and it works fine.   I have repaired outlook and have removed the profile.   The Bandwidth I have upgraded from 1.5 to 5 meg with the same issue.   Recent change from an RRAS Server to a Netscreen Site-toSite VPN tunnel is the only change other than the Email migration from Exchange 20003 moving mailbox to Exchange 2007.
Question by:asmusjer1
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
  • 2
LVL 11

Expert Comment

ID: 24400618
I would try to rebuild the default offline address list first as this is done quite fast. if that doesn't help i would check public folder replication settings. Make sure you check all public folder instances that your exchange 2007 server is listed in the replication tab.

Depending on your clients you may also want to review your offline addressbook compatibility settings.  You can also try to reboot your global catalog server.

If all that does not help there might be outdated entries in the active directory, you should check your AD for entries about the old server.
LVL 11

Expert Comment

ID: 24400631
Also check your store settings, general tab that under offline addressbook it is listed correctly. If nothing is there, then put your OAB in there.
LVL 24

Expert Comment

by:Rajith Enchiparambil
ID: 24401842

Author Comment

ID: 24409182
Does it make sense that I can log into a users account locally and all mail works fine?  I think I am down to a client issue.  The users are connected via a site-to-site vpn tunnel.   The only difference is the connection is slower than being connected to our local lan.   If I manually try to download the address book it fails with 0x8004001f object cannot be found.   I tried the reg fix above with no success.   Doesnt the OAB get repaired or updated every day?  Referring to the other Engineer above.   There must me something different with users who are on a different subnet and connected to the site-to-site vpn with a netscreen firewall.   I am thinking since we upgraded to 2007 maybe the outlook 2003 users remotely might experience slowness issue with the OAB.

Accepted Solution

asmusjer1 earned 0 total points
ID: 24454016
I was able to find out that the issue was a static route statement that was on the old exchange Server that was incorrect.    THe new Servers had the proper static route statements removed.

Thanks for the help

Featured Post

Free Tool: Port Scanner

Check which ports are open to the outside world. Helps make sure that your firewall rules are working as intended.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

New style of hardware planning for Microsoft Exchange server.
Want to know how to use Exchange Server Eseutil command? Go through this article as it gives you the know-how.
This video demonstrates how to sync Microsoft Exchange Public Folders with smartphones using CodeTwo Exchange Sync and Exchange ActiveSync. To learn more about CodeTwo Exchange Sync and download the free trial, go to: http://www.codetwo.com/excha…
This video shows how to quickly and easily add an email signature for all users on Exchange 2016. The resulting signature is applied on a server level by Exchange Online. The email signature template has been downloaded from: www.mail-signatures…

636 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question