I'm trying to set up an iChat server for our company. The server is a dual-Xeon XServe recently upgraded to OS X 10.5.
I am able to connect, with no problems whatsoever, using iChat on our Mac clients. Connects first time-every time. However, not one of our Windows clients can connect using any Jabber client.
* I have opened all of our FW ports according to this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1507
* I have tried all the following Jabber/IM clients for Windows: Pandion, Psi, Exodus, Trillian, AIM, GoogleTalk.
* Have tried both WinXP and Vista
* Have tried ports 5222 and 5223, SSL on and off
* Most of the time the iChat server log will simply show one line showing my IP, maybe the Jabber client, and "CONNECT" then *immediately* another line "DISCONNECT". No another info or reason why.
* Most of the Jabber clients I've tried will give some kind of Failed Connection error. Trillian will get caught in a Connect/Disconnect cycle.
* in each IM client I have set the correct settings for our server address and am trying an existing login all of which are known to WORK when using iChat from a Mac client.
What am I missing here? What does it take to connect a Windows Jabber client to an iChat server?