We need to upgrade our client's Citrix license server from v.2.0.0 to v.11.5. I do realize that this question has been asked for many times. Although, we have some complexity within the environment and need to make sure that there won't be any service interruptions.
Here are brief details:
1. Our client uses Citrix 4.0 infrastructure (it is medical hospital, btw!)
2. They have farm of 8 Citrix presentations servers, which are heavily utilized
3. We have configured a test Presentation server 4.0 and included it to the same farm
4. We are trying to install rollup 6 to a test server first before we install it to production servers
According to Citrix, rollup 6 requires upgrade to v. 11.5 for the license server (there is only one license server for the whole farm and it runs off a domain controller. (Don't ask me why, it wasn't me who set that up).
1. Will rollup 6 require the reboot?
2. Will rollup 6 affect in some way user logins because of license server upgrade? Keep in mind that we only want to install rollup 6 on a test server for now.
3. Will there be service/login interruptions during license server upgrade process?