We need to setup a mail gateway (not sure if this is the right term for what I need) so that we can retrieve emails from the ISP email server (preferably via POP) and then distribute it to clients in the office (preferably IMAP).
The criteria are:
1. Gateway must retrieve all emails from ISP mail server so we wont have space issues
2. Gateway must keep all emails from ISP (Inbox) for archieve
3. Gateway must keep all outgoing emails (sent) for archieve
4. It is preferable that we can forward all these emails also (#3, and #4) to an archieve email. say: email@example.com
5. The ISP mail server allow us to send email via web interface, but by doing so, we will not have an archive of the sent emails. So I think a solution is to use the gateway as the web-mail server and so it should keep the incoming & outgoing messages no matter where it is sent from
6. Preferably, it can be accessed from cell phones (symbian?) and blackberries.
7. Also, it would be great if we can have a web based interface for management (i.e, dont have to use hardcode/script to add users, etc)
8. Integrated spam & virus control
Can you please help me with this? A link to a step by step guide would be great, but it would have to be exact. (I've found a number of tutorials that seems to do what I want, but they will have to be combined, and I dont know how to do that).
I have a very basic understanding of ubuntu & postfix. so I prefer to work using this two softwares. By basic I mean I would probably be okay following an exact step by step commands but not figuring out how to do a general task