Added a 2nd DC (windows server 2003) to a domain with the first DC being SBS 2003.
Ran NetDiag on each.
The new DC is clean as a whistle.
The original DC (SBS 2003) has these issues:
DNS Test . . . . . passed
PASS - all the DNS enteries for DC are registered on the DNS server '192.xx (original DC) and other DCs also have some of the names registered.
[WARNING] The DNS entries for this DC cannot be verified right now on DNS server 192.xx (new DC), ERROR_TIMEOUT
LDAP test . . . . passed
[FATAL] Cannot open an LDAP session to 'remus (new DC) at 192.xx
[WARNING] Failed to query SPN registration on DC 'remus. (new DC)
Note: I don't get these messages when running this test on the new DC.
AD replicates ok, after verifying this each DC has its own IP as pref. DNS and each other as second DNS.
Other points to note:
1) ReplMon: FAILURE: 1753 There are no more end points available from the endpoint mapper.
2) GPOTool: ERROR: Version mismatch on Argus (original DC), DS=13, SysVol=11
3) Users are having no issues
4) New DC was DCPromoed last week.
5) Things I've done since: "dnscmd /clearcache", "ipconfig /flushdns and /registerdns", renamed netlogon.dns and netlogon.db, net stopped and started netlogo, recrated netlogon files, ran "netdiag /fix", and rebooted both servers.
I've researched this to death. How can I clean up my NetDiag test? Why I'm I getting "passed" on the LDAP test followed by "Fatal" and "Warning"?
appreciate any thoughts.