I am trying to setup tftp-hpa server in Fedora code 8.
As suggested by the goodle search I have done the following setps..
1. Downloaded the tftp-hpa source code
2. Completed make and make install
3. Created tftp config file in /etc/xinetd.d/tftp
disable = no
protocol = udp
port = 69
socket_type = dgram
wait = yes
user = nobody
server = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
server_args = -s /tftpboot
4. Created dir /fttpboot and provided "777" permission and changed the owner as "nobody" as mentioned in the tftp configuration file. Created a file named hda.txt in that dir.
5. Restarted the xinetd service. (service xinetd restart). Also tried "chkconfig tftp on"
6. The command "nmap -sU 127.0.0.1" give the follwing...
PORT STATE SERVICE
68/udp open|filtered dhcpc
69/udp open|filtered tftp
111/udp open|filtered rpcbind
631/udp open|filtered unknown
709/udp open|filtered entrustmanager
733/udp open|filtered unknown
So the tftp is running in port 69.
7. Started the tftp client.
tftp> get 127.0.0.1 hda.txt
Transfer timed out.
I am getting the timeout error..I dont know how and where oto debug this issue.
Please help me to solve this issue. Many thanks in advance.