I am trying to setup tftp-hpa server in Fedora code 8.
As suggested by the goodle search I have done the following setps..
1. Downloaded the tftp-hpa source code
2. Completed make and make install
3. Created tftp config file in /etc/xinetd.d/tftp
disable = no
protocol = udp
port = 69
socket_type = dgram
wait = yes
user = nobody
server = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
server_args = -s /tftpboot
4. Created dir /fttpboot and provided "777" permission and changed the owner as "nobody" as mentioned in the tftp configuration file. Created a file named hda.txt in that dir.
5. Restarted the xinetd service. (service xinetd restart). Also tried "chkconfig tftp on"
6. The command "nmap -sU 127.0.0.1" give the follwing...
PORT STATE SERVICE
68/udp open|filtered dhcpc
69/udp open|filtered tftp
111/udp open|filtered rpcbind
631/udp open|filtered unknown
709/udp open|filtered entrustmanager
733/udp open|filtered unknown
So the tftp is running in port 69.
7. Started the tftp client.
tftp> get 127.0.0.1 hda.txt
Transfer timed out.
I am getting the timeout error..I dont know how and where oto debug this issue.
Please help me to solve this issue. Many thanks in advance.
Work with freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely, and get projects done right.