I Need to Change the Cache Battery on one of the Controllers for AN IBM DS3000. There is probably nothing wrong with the battery, but its two years old and an Alert shows up saying that it needs to be replaced. Ive ordered a replacement battery (IBM 39R6519) and I am now ready to replace it.
Has anyone done this before? Is it as simple as ...
Using IBM DS STORAGE MANGER
1) Under Support > Manage Controllers > Place Controller Online or Offline. Set Controller A (Which is the controller with the Old Battery) Offline.
2) At the back of the DS3000 Pulling out Controller A
3) Relpace the Battery, and replace the Controler
4) Place the Controller back online
5) Reset the Battery's Age in DS Storage Manager under .. Tools > Change Battery Setting
I Have Attached a Storage Array Profile.txt if any other information is needed.