Hey everyone! I am at my WITS end here. I have an HP 9110 Series All in One Printer and I run Vista Business OS. Trying to re-install the printer drivers after a total rebuild and am getting nowhere. Here are the facts:
1. Call HP - after 2 hours on the phone the rep said I would have to re-install my OS because the drivers came pre-installed on the OS, and since my re-build, he somehow thinks I got in "somewhere" and screwed things up.
2. Hard for me to know what I might have screwed up: If the drivers are in the OS, then does that mean I could have accidentally deleted the correct driver files when I was attempting to install it? This doesn't make sense because the guy at HP said that "there are no files for the Vista Driver - the drivers are on the operating system". This is also the reason he gave for HP not listing any files to download on its site.
3. I have gone to the web site - no driver files for Vista listed for this machine. Site says "they are all on the OS"
4. I have the correct driver installed on another laptop in my office and it DOES work. This machine ALSO is running Windows Vista Business. When I went in and got the full name of the driver and Googled it (HP Officejet 9100 series PS (184.108.40.206)) I got alot of hits. I tried downloading several of these, but they would not download - or not correctly, anyway. The guy at HP told me that paticular driver was for another windows OS (I think he said NT). Still didn't make sense - because it IS working on the other machine.
5. I HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE BEFORE - and HP has been able to help me fix it. For the life of me I can't remember HOW. I don't want to buy into the fact I'm going to have to re-install the OS.
6. Finally, my machines are networked and it occurred to me that I might be able to set the printer up on the 2nd machine and run the printing for my main machine thru that to the printer. It's just that since this is my main computer, I would rather it be the one attached to the printer and run the second one thru it.
Anyone have any ideas? Clear as mud???? Thank you in advance :-)