I am taking a look at a laptop that has some significant problems:
1. It was blue screening, however that seems to have died down.
2. Continually McAfee will popup a message that says "Buffer Overflow Attempt Blocked" and points to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\servi
3. Though McAfee is installed and up-to-date, Windows gives the "Your Computer May Be at Risk; AntiVirus Software May Not Be Installed" message.
4. The laptop cannot connect to wireless networks, it can see them and claims it is connected, but cannot pass data. I updated the wifi card driver and it worked perfectly, however on reboot it no longer works. I verified the new driver version stuck.
5. When connected to a wired connection, Windows Update does not work.
Toshiba Tecra A8
1 GB RAM
Windows XP Pro SP3
Attached is the ComboFix log.