We are presently running Windows 2003 Enterprise Active Directory Domain Controller (domain name : <companyname.com>. We recently purchased Microsoft EBS (Essential Business Server) 2008. As it is an EBS edition we cannot directly upgrade Windows 2003 to EBS 2008. We therfore plan to migrate the Windows 2003 Server to EBS 2008 in the following way as we only want to keep user profile (SID, Password etc.):
1. Install EBS 2008 in a seperate server.
2. Configure a seperate domain <xyz.com> on EBS 2008 Server.
3. Install ADMT 3.1 on top of EBS 2008.
4. Install Password Expert Server on top of EBS 2008.
5. Migrate the user accounts (including SID, Password) from Windows 2003 DC to EBS 2008 Server.
6. Format the Windows 2003 Enterprise Domain Controller and install EBS 2008.
7. Configure the new EBS 2008 domain with the existing domain name <companyname.com>
8. Install ADMT 3.1 on the new server.
9. Install Password Expert Server on the new server.
10. Migrate the user accounts (including SID, Password) from old EBS 2008 DC (xyz.com) to new EBS 2008 DC (companyname.com).
Can it be possible to do so?