Several w2k3 servers in AD domain not receiving latest Computer Config settings from GPO
Posted on 2009-06-28
I have several Windows 2003 SP2 servers that have not received the latest Computer Configuration settings for several months (The last successful one was in March). Other servers in the AD domain have been getting the updates and are fine. When I generate an RSOP against the problem server I get the following:
Group Policy Infrastructure
The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted
Note: Due to the GP Core failure, none of the other Group Policy components processed their policy. Consequently, status information for the other components is not available.
Additionally, I get a '1053 Userenv error'. This event pops up after the server is rebooted.
I have checked DNS (statically defined) and the network settings on the NIC and they look good. I have also checked the BIOS name and have verified that the computer object exists in the Domain. Other applications on the server function correctly, and the user configuration settings apply just fine.
I have been working on this for quite a while, trying to find something causing this but I keep coming up empty. Please advise.