Over the weekend, I upgraded a 2 cluster node with Microsoft patches. I upgraded the inactive node first, rebooted, made sure the cluster server was started. I moved the groups to the already upgraded server, stopped the cluster service on the second node and upgraded with patches and made sure the cluster service was running. I moved the groups back to the second node making it the active node. I checked the event log and found nothing suspicious for issues. Being the first time I have patched a cluster, I did not know there was a group of scheduled tasks running on the active cluster. These tasks did not start and we found the Task Scheduler service in a "starting" status and you can't stop or start the service. We rebooted the active node and of course the cluster groups moved to the inactive node. We found the tasks residing on the inactive node. We moved the groups back to the active node once the reboot completed. We then rebooted the inactive node and shortly after the reboot completed the scheduled tasks moved back to the active node where they should be. Nothing is happening since the scheduled tasks service is still in a "starting" status. How do we fix this situation so that the the service gets started and our tasks run. We are currently running the tasks manually.
These are the patches I installed; KB961373, 967715, 960803, 959426, 958690, 958687, 956572, 923561, 952004, 960225 and 963027. This cluster has MoveIT Central on it.