We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

Outlook Web Access Error on HTC Touch Pro 2 (Opera Mobile 9.5)

1,203 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-07
Hi,

We've recently bought 2x HTC Touch Pro 2's as company PDA's for myself and the sales director. The handsets themselves are brilliant and with a little customisation work just the way I need them to.

I only have one issue with it, when I try to visit our Outlook Web Access web page from Opera, I get a simple error message on-screen:

-2146893055 (0x80090301)

This used to happen on Pocket Internet Explorer on my old HTC Touch and Touch Diamond but never in Opera.

On initial investigation, I can't find much supporting this error. The only criteria I have to start troubleshooting is:

Connects to OWA absolutely fine over activesync (USB) or Company Wi-Fi. However, when I try in on my home Wi-Fi or on 3G, I get this error.

It makes me think there is some kind of authentication going on behind the scenes which I can't see.

I didnt have this problem on my Touch Diamond, or indeed on Opera ever before.

Is there a configuration change or changes I can make to tone down the security or simila just to allow access to OWA.

I'm upgrading to Exchange 2007 in 6-12 months, but for now I've got to put up with downloading the messages through Outlook Mobile, but cannot send through it so we have to use OWA.

A bit backwards I agree, but we only have to bare with it for a few more months.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!



Comment
Watch Question

Co-Owner
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Top Expert 2011
Commented:
Unlock this solution and get a sample of our free trial.
(No credit card required)
UNLOCK SOLUTION
Rob SamuelIT Manager

Author

Commented:
Hi,

Just about to look into it now, does it work OK with exchange 2000?
Alan HardistyCo-Owner
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Top Expert 2011

Commented:
You can but you will need Mobile Information Server in addition to make it work but you may as well wait to get Exchange 2007 as I believe you have to buy it.  Sorry - thought I saw Exchange 2003 listed.  Need my eyes tested.
Does the URL work in IE on a desktop?
If not, have a look at this troubleshooting guide:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc751281.aspx 
Rob SamuelIT Manager

Author

Commented:
Hi, the URL works perfectly on IE/Opera/Firefox on a PC, but not on Opera Mobile 9.5. All I get is the numerical error. There must be some extra authentication going on somewhere...
Alan HardistyCo-Owner
CERTIFIED EXPERT
Top Expert 2011

Commented:
Have you tried using IE on the phone not Opera?
Rob SamuelIT Manager

Author

Commented:
IE does exactly the same thing I'm afraid. I've set Opera up now to broadcast as Firefox and it seems to work OK, was set to mimic IE.

Also, there's a product called Emoze which uses push e-mal so we're trialing that too.

Thanks for the comments, I'll award the points now.

Cheers, Rob
Unlock the solution to this question.
Thanks for using Experts Exchange.

Please provide your email to receive a sample view!

*This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

OR

Please enter a first name

Please enter a last name

8+ characters (letters, numbers, and a symbol)

By clicking, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.