Solved

Exchange POP3 Connector

Posted on 2009-06-29
4
377 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-07
We have Windows Small Business 2003 and setup a few pop3 email accounts setup in the pop3 connector
things have been working fine for a few years and recently the pop3 connector just stops getting the email
to get it working for a week or 2 i re run service pack 2 for exchange and that seems to fix it but the problem comes back after a few days to a week
0
Comment
Question by:dpmitsolutions
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
4 Comments
 
LVL 5

Expert Comment

by:JohnmenZ
ID: 24741939
Did you trying turning the debug level to "maximum" in the POP3 connector properties box, and see what is recorded in the application log?  that should give you some insight of the problem.
0
 
LVL 5

Expert Comment

by:LinkNJ
ID: 24742702
The problem could also be occuring after a certain windows update if you have that set to install automatically.  That would explain why the problem returns.  Post any event log errors that might be applicable as JohnmenZ suggested.
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:Elwin3
ID: 24746088
the pop connector in sbs 2000/2003 can be a bit dodgy. If you continue to get problems then purchase something like igetmail or popbeamer which will do the same thing. They are not very expensive.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
dpmitsolutions earned 0 total points
ID: 24888562
i couldnt find an event log that related to the pop3 connect service but now to fix the issue i just restart the pop3 service instead of installing exchange SP2
i was thinking of reinstalling exchange to try an resolve this issue but if there is something els other then purchasing another software ill rather try that
A common error in the event log that doesnt look related to the pop3 connector service is EVENT ID 8231

Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=System Policies,CN=EDENSOR,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Edensor,DC=local':'MAD.EXE', error=80040103. Taking provider offline.  
0

Featured Post

Are your AD admin tools letting you down?

Managing Active Directory can get complicated.  Often, the native tools for managing AD are just not up to the task.  The largest Active Directory installations in the world have relied on one tool to manage their day-to-day administration tasks: Hyena. Start your trial today.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

In-place Upgrading Dirsync to Azure AD Connect
After hours on line I found a solution which pointed to the inherited Active Directory permissions . You have to give/allow permissions to the "Exchange trusted subsystem" for the user in the Active Directory...
This video discusses moving either the default database or any database to a new volume.
This video demonstrates how to sync Microsoft Exchange Public Folders with smartphones using CodeTwo Exchange Sync and Exchange ActiveSync. To learn more about CodeTwo Exchange Sync and download the free trial, go to: http://www.codetwo.com/excha…

728 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question