Learn when you want, where you want with convenient online training courses. Sign up now!
Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by
"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.
To enable ping in Windows Firewall:
1. Open the Control Panel (from the Start menu. Choose Control Panel; or Settings and then Control Panel).
2. Open Windows Firewall (click Network and Internet Connections then Windows Firewall; or double-click Windows Firewall.
3. On the General tab of the Windows Firewall dialogue box. Make sure that the On (recommended) radio button is selected.
4. Click the Advanced tab.
5. In the ICMP box click the Settings... button.
6. Tick the Allow incoming echo request box.
7. Click on OK and then OK again.
8. Close the Control Panel.
Open in new window
Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.
From novice to tech pro — start learning today.
Premium members can enroll in this course at no extra cost.