Have a problem with DNS Server, running on Windows 2008 Server and Windows 2003 Server.
Here is the scenio.
1) Primary Domain Controller was a Windows 2003 Server.
2) Have some other Windows 2003 and 2008 domain controllers that were also DNS servers
3) PDC crashed and died this past weekend.
4) Made another Windows 2003 Server (DC) the PDC.
5) I accidently created a new PRIMARY ZONE on the PDC and lost all DNS info.
6) So, now have DNS running on 2 DCs and secondary zones running on some 2003/2008 file server/exchange servers.
7) Here is the problem..... DNS is not updating HOST A records for PCs and I am having to manually add the HOST A records.
Obviously I made a mistake when I created a new primary zone.....losing everything....but now it is not working properly. The 2003 PDC and 2008 DC are both DHCP servers (1/2 the IP addresses on each server)
What have I done wrong and how can I get DNS to perform dynamic updates?
Also, want to do DNS replication to all DNS servers, but it will only allow me to do DNS replication to Domain Controllers.