SBS 2008 admin users cannot logon to server
Posted on 2009-07-02
I have a real pig of an SBS 2008 issue.
1) - Domain admin account password has been lost
2) - logging on using any other domain admin account means servers logs you on with temporary profile (logs me on as "SYSTEM" as seen from "Set" command)
3) - from above issue cannot run SBS Console (it errors)
4) - From above issue cannot change any passwords using AD users and computers (says "The System Cannot find the specified file")
5) - Server "C:\Documents and Settings" folder has been deleted!
6) - From registry "Shell Folders" set as "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\"
7) - From registry "User Shell Folders" set as "%USERPROFILE%\<foldernames>"
Need to get domain admin logons working again so can change user passwords and manage server properly.
Q 1) - is this right (default/stamdard) that "C:\Documents and Settings" has been deleted and its using "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\" (I am use to using WIN03 Srv only).
NOTE: I checked and the profile location "C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\" is only a few hundred Mbs in size.