My application is .net 2.0. I have around 40 sites running the same app for multiple customers. I get intermittant invalid viewstate errors that affect stability of the app. I have researched this, but not found a solution.
1. The app is running on my own server.
2. I use NLM, but only one server is active. It is for backup purposes to redirect to a backup server.
3. I am on .Net 2.0
4. I have added a machine key to the web.config for all sites (below). This didn't make a difference.
5. From my application log, I see the error (at least sometimes) happens on the initial post to a form. For example, I click on a menu link to open a new form, and I get the error.
6. I don't have any anti-virus software running on the server.
7. The error happens too often to assume that is is a App Pool recycle error.
There is a lot written about this error, but I can't seem to find the issue. Help!
Some values were changed for this post