Windows Authentication in ASP.Net 2.0 (Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition)
Posted on 2009-07-04
I started building an AJAX enabled application with AJAX Tab Control. In that tab control we are having two tabs :
2. Medical Information and some tabs I need to add in future...
Here My requirement is I need to implement a Windows based Authentication to this application.
I want to provide Sign In Button in the Tab control Page.
AnywayI will explain my logic here by step by step.
1. When a person click the Sign In button they need to get login Window (If They are not in Domain), All the domain Users need to sign in automatically.
My Doubt Is : How can give the login to Windows authentication if I click Sign In Button ??
2. Once login is correct then I need to capture the username.
My Doubt : How Can Capture the Username which is provided by the user ??
3. Then after capturing the username, I need to connect to my Oracle database to compare this username with e-mail id which is there in Oracle database table.
4. After That I need to display the data as per the username.
As per my knowledge we can set Windows Authentication directly from IIS. But I need to Assign the Windows Login Prompt to Sign In Button.....
Please help regarding this issue.