HP Laserjet printers - HP Standard TCPIP Port unstable
Posted on 2009-07-06
We have 2 current HP laserjet printers (4515x and 2605) and recently added two more new HP laserjet printers (4005 and 4345).
When installaing the new HP printers using the bundled installation CD:
1. All Win XP Pro 64 bit PCs can detect both 4005 and 4345 printer using IP address configuration,
2. Some Win XP Pro 32bit PCs are unable to detect the 4345 MFP using IP address settings (but can ping the IP).
3. After 2 ~ 3 days some Win XP Pro 64bit PCs are unable to print to the new printers (just the usual print job failure error message).
4. I noticed the HP installation CD creates printer ports using HPDIU_*.*.*.* instead of the Standard TCP Port "IP_*.*.*.*" it seems like the PC is no longer able to print to the printer (dropped connection).
5. I have tried rebooting PC, rebooting printer but it does not resolve.
6. After I re-added the printers using Standard TCPIP ports, printing is stable.
Does anyone knows the problem with the HPDIU ports and how to overcome the "dropped connection" to the printers (using HPDIU ports).