How to "pre-config" windows XP in I386 folder ?
Posted on 2009-07-07
I'm a web developer, but recently I have to install windows in hundreds of computers. Each computer needs configurations , software installing ... etc. It must be a very big job for me, to install windows in 1,5hr and 3hrs for the configuration & software installing.
I was expecting a CD or DVD that can install a completely windows with all software & configuration in ONE. I know I must create it myself, but the only clue I've got is the folder named I386.
About the configurations, it's something like this :
- change windows icon's size to small
- disable all visual style to speed up windows
- change theme to a new theme (vista theme)
- change all windows icon & mouse to a news sets (vista icon & cursor)
- disable automatic update, firewall, remote desktop, device autoplay ....
- remove some component like "Game, MSN, Outlook,..."
- Install IIS with some configurations
And the software : MS Office, Cute FTP, Yahoo, Adobe Reader, .....
I know it's very hard to satisfy all my needs, but I'm very happy if I can do it automatically some of them.
Maybe changing the file in I386 could help ? Could you tell me the way to document, or the way to do ?
PS : a little question : could I "save" a program running in my computer by copying the folder in "Program Files" & the registry to another device? Could the program run as nothing changed after I copy them back to the appropriate location after (format C:\ and) re-installing windows ?