trying to install BT Voyager 105 USB ADSL Modem on dell pc - xp sp3 computer that is fully up to date. getting two errors
Error loading newdev.dll"
"Administrator privileges are required to install, uninstall or configure the DSL software".
have tried the following
1. a comprehensive google serach for the error terms and have identified other users with the problem but no solutions
2. downloaded newdev.dll and replaced the file on my computer
3. downloaded most up to date drivers from bt website and tried again
4. full search of bt website for any mention of this error
5. Right click the setup program and click "Run as Administrator" (bit of a long shot)
6. deleted the existing driver from device manager
7. looked for any mention of the exisiting bt software and unistalled it
8. abandoned any attempt to use the bt install program and just plugged modem in and tried to locate drivers manually
all attempts fail and get the same error
only 2 options not tried i can think of
1. complete reinstall of the operating system but this seems a bit excessive for a modem problem
2. buy a proper non usb modem