I need a printer
Posted on 2009-07-07
I'm looking for a printer which should match the following requirements
- output volume: ca. 6000-7000 pages per month at approx. 4% page covering (black) and less than 1% color
- approx. 60% color / 40% black and white (pages)
- cheap maintenance
- fast (we are printing invoices)
- I would like a dedicated machine, meaning no scanner/fax etc. just a plain printer
- price max. 3000$
- no solid ink
Hope this is enough information.
I had already a look at the following printers
- HP 4700dtn, toner seems pretty expensive (and I don't really like HP-printers)
- OKI c710, seems interesting, is cheaper to buy and to maintain
- Xerox Phaser 6360, initial costs are between the OKI and the HP, and the consumable seems pretty reasonable priced, given the fact that they last much longer then the ones for OKI/HP.
What would you recommend?